Instructions for Quick Release to You
Welcome! Please Read Below.
- This ordering site is for use by patients only.
- All written records (including imaging reports) are provided to patients for a flat fee of $15 per request.
- ALL available medical records are provided. You do not need to specify the types of written records or dates of service.
- Written records (excludes X-Ray and MRI imaging) are made available securely online only. We do not fax or mail records.
- If you need a CD of Images (MRI or X-rays), please put in a separate request for the CD through your portal account at sportmed.com.
- You will be texted when written records are ready to access online.
Who Can Order Patient Records?
- Patients who have reached the age of majority: 18 years of age or older (NOTE: A parent may not request records on behalf of an adult child, regardless of insurance coverage, residence, etc.).
- Parents/guardians who have the legal authority to access a minor child's records.
- A person who has the legal authority (healthCare trustee/conservator, healthcare proxy, medical/healthcare power of attorney) to make healthcare decisions for a patient of any age.
What You Need to Get Started
- The patient's valid driver's license or other valid state-issued ID.
- If you have the legal authority to make healthcare decisions for a patient as a healthcare trustee/conservator, healthcare proxy, or medical/healthcare power of attorney, you must upload two items: (a) YOUR OWN Driver's License/ID, AND (b) official documentation of your authority to make healthcare decisions for the patient. NOTE: A financial power of attorney is not acceptable. If you cannot provide BOTH required items, the patient must place his or her own request.
Please have these items handy before you start!