Instructions for Quick Release to You
Welcome! Please Read Below.
- Please order written records and imaging CDs here. Requests for written records will be completed by the medical records service company, Vital Records Control (VRC). Requests for imaging CDs will be completed and distributed by Semmes Murphey.
- This ordering site is for use by patients only.
- Written records (including imaging reports) and Imaging CDs (X-Rays/MRIs) are provided to patients for a flat fee of $5.00 per request.
- ALL available medical records are provided. You do not need to specify the types of records or dates of service.
- Written records (excludes X-Ray and MRI imaging) are made available securely online only. We do not fax or mail written records.
- You will be texted when written records are ready to access online. You will receive no text alerts regarding Imaging CDs.
- For Imaging CD pick-up, the location is Semmes Murphy, 6325 Humphreys Blvd., Memphis, TN 38120.
- For Imaging CD mailing, allow processing time plus an average of 10 business days for mail delivery time.
Who Can Order Patient Records?
- Patients who have reached the age of majority: 18 years of age or older (NOTE: A parent may not request records on behalf of an adult child, regardless of insurance coverage, residence, etc.).
- Parents/guardians who have the legal authority to access a minor child's records.
- A person who has the legal authority (healthCare trustee/conservator, healthcare proxy, medical/healthcare power of attorney) to make healthcare decisions for a patient of any age.
What You Need to Get Started
- The patient's valid driver's license or other valid state-issued ID.
- If you are the parent/guardian of a minor, you will need your valid ID.
- If you have the legal authority to make healthcare decisions for a patient as a healthcare trustee/conservator, healthcare proxy, or medical/healthcare power of attorney, you must upload three items: (a) the patient's driver's license/ID, (b) YOUR OWN Driver's License/ID, AND (c) official documentation of your authority to make healthcare decisions for the patient. NOTE: A financial power of attorney is not acceptable. If you cannot provide ALL required items, the patient must place his or her own request.
Please have these items handy before you start!