Instructions for Release to Third-Party
ALERT: This system lets you as a patient or parent/guardian request that medical records be directed to a designated third party. You will not be able to access those records yourself. Only the third party will be able to access them through a secure website. If you prefer to access the records yourself and then direct them to a third party in whatever way you wish, please click here to use the 48-hour Quick Release short form for Alabama Orthopedic Clinic.
What You Need to Get Started
- The name, address, and fax number of the third party to whom you are directing your records.
- A valid driver's license or other valid federal or state ID
- A credit card to make payment
Please have these items handy before you start!
Important - Please Read!
- To ensure patient security, we do not fax or mail paper records. We use the third party's fax number only to send a notification to the third party to go online to access the requested records securely.
- We cannot control when or if the third party listed on your request will access your records on our secure website. You are solely responsible for any and all follow-up with the third party. If you would rather access your records yourself and direct them to a third party in whatever way you wish, please click here to use the 48-hour Quick Release short form for Alabama Orthopaedic Clinic to have your records released directly to you.
- If you are requesting imaging (X-Rays, MRIs), the images will be copied to a CD and mailed to the third party at the address you have provided.
- You will be required to pay $20 for the processing of your request plus $8.00 for each CD copy of imaging (X-Ray, MRI) that is mailed to the third party.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
NOTE: Third parties are not eligible to use this form to request records from Alabama Orthopedic Clinic. Only patients or parents/guardians of patients are eligible to request records using this form.