Instructions for Release to Third-Party
ALERT: This system lets you as a patient request that medical records be accessed online by a designated Healthcare Provider. You will not be able to access these records yourself. Only the Healthcare Provider will be able to access them.
Please understand that we cannot control when or if the designated Healthcare Provider will access your records on our secure website. You may experience significant delays or other issues if you depend on a Healthcare Provider to access your records on your behalf. You are solely responsible for verifying that the Healthcare Provider will go online to access your records and for making the Healthcare Provider aware that they should watch for a faxed notification indicating that your records are ready. You are also responsible for any and all follow-up with the Healthcare Provider.
We strongly recommend, if possible, that you click here to use Option 1 instead (the 48-hour Quick Release short form) to order and access the records for yourself. After you save your records, you may arrange to share them however and whenever you wish.
Who Can Order Patient Records?
- Patients 18 years of age or older (NOTE: A parent may not request records on behalf of an adult child, regardless of insurance coverage, residence, etc.).
- Parents/guardians who have the legal authority to access a minor child's records.
- A person who has the legal authority (healthCare trustee/conservator, healthcare proxy, medical/healthcare power of attorney) to make healthcare decisions for a patient of any age.
- Only patients or those described above may place an order here. Third parties such as attorneys, insurance companies, record retrieval services, and Healthcare Providers may NOT use this ordering site. Such requests will hot be honored, and no refunds
What You Need to Get Started
- The name, address, and fax number of the Healthcare Provider to whom you are directing your records.
- The patient's valid driver's license or other valid state-issued ID.
- If you have the legal authority to makehealthcare decisions for a patient as a healthcare trustee/conservator, healthcare proxy, or medical/healthcare power of attorney, you must upload three items: (a) the patient's driver's license/ID, (b) YOUR OWN Driver's License/ID, AND (c) official documentation of your authority to make healthcare decisions for the patient. NOTE: A financial power of attorney is notacceptable. If you cannot provide ALL required items, the patient must place his or her own request.
Please have these items handy before you start!
Important - Please Read!
- To ensure patient security, we do not fax or mail paper records. We use the Healthcare Provider's fax number only to send a notification to the Healthcare Provider to go online to access the requested records securely.
- You will be required to pay $25.00 for the processing of your request.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
NOTE: Only patients or those described above may place an order here. Third parties such as attorneys, insurance companies, record retrieval services, and Healthcare Providers may NOT use this ordering site. Such requests will not be honored, and no refunds will be made.